If you are familiar with either Portlandia (a tv series that satires hipsters) or hipsters themselves....you know the joke "put a bird on it." And even though it was our joke all summer....to put a bird on it, today I actually said it and meant it for real.
You see we have recently painted a mural in our house and as we finished I said to Aaron, "You know what I was thinking?" And he said, "Put a bird on it?" And THAT was what I was thinking and I wasn't kidding. I mean it is a tree....it NEEDS a bird and I will put a bird on it....even though I am not a hipster.
Check out the mural process..
You see we have recently painted a mural in our house and as we finished I said to Aaron, "You know what I was thinking?" And he said, "Put a bird on it?" And THAT was what I was thinking and I wasn't kidding. I mean it is a tree....it NEEDS a bird and I will put a bird on it....even though I am not a hipster.
Check out the mural process..
| Doesn't that just scream.....PUT A BIRD ON IT! |

Amanda! This is awesome! I love it. WIll you come back to do one on Kristin's and my apartment wall. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteOK, I just heard this joke so sorry if it elicits groans from those in the loop:
ReplyDeleteWhy did the hipster burn his mouth on the pizza?
Because he ate it before it was cool.
It makes me laugh...
DITTO to what Kelsi said. LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! Well done guys!! :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you chicas like it.....it is so easy you can do it...Kelsi "it is a direct draw!"
ReplyDeleteHa ha ha Daniel! Eating Pizza is so OVER (another Portlandia quote)
so did you put a bird on it??
ReplyDeleteAs a former muralist: yours looks great-and so undesert-like!